- How Sony Engineering Corporation (“Sony”, “we”, “our” or “us”) will read, collect, use, share and/or store information about you and/or your use of our service (including application) “Jam Studio™”.
- How you can contact us.
- IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF TWENTY (20), IN ORDER TO USE THE SERVICE, YOU NEED TO HAVE YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN’S CONSENT TO THESE TERMS. IF YOU ARE A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN, YOU AFFIRM THAT YOU HAVE EXPLAINED ABOUT THESE TERMS FOR YOUR CHILD AND YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS ON BEHALF OF YOUR CHILD.
1.Information obtained by Sony through Jam Studio™
Sony collects the following information when you use Jam Studio™
Information that Sony may obtain through your provision
- Mail address
- Password of user account
- User name, nickname
- User/group profile Image
- Other information relating to user/group profile
- Your comment and other information relating to your communication with other users
Third Party Social Network Service information
- Third Party Social Network Service Account 'tokens'
If you wish to create your user account of the Jam Studio™ by using your account of certain third party social network service that we designate ("SNS Account"), you need to sign-in to your SNS Account. You provide your SNS Account ID and password directly to such SNS Account provider, which controls this sign-in process independently of us. Once you have successfully signed into your SNS Account, your Jam Studio™ application will receive a digital 'access token' from such SNS Account. This token will be used to display information received through your SNS Account via your Jam Studio™ application.
- Information relating to your SNS Account
When you have successfully signed-in to your SNS Account via Jam Studio™, Sony may also receive information that you have registered to that SNS Account including account ID.
Information automatically obtained by Jam Studio™ application
When you use Jam Studio™ application, Sony may automatically obtain certain information (defined below).
- IP Address
- Mac Address (hashed during transmission)
- Manufacturer name of the smartphone and/or tablet and/or digital audio player being used (“Your Device”)
- Product type of Your Device
- Model name/model number of Your Device
- Device ID of Your Device
- OS version
- Language code
- Country or region
- Timestamp ( e.g., Greenwich mean time(GMT) or local time)
- Application information (e.g., application ID or application version)
- Information on how you use the Jam Studio™ application
Information collected automatically described above will be uploaded with a unique number assigned to Your Device on which this application is installed, which allows us to distinguish the data received from Your Device from that received from other devices.
Information Collected Through Third Party Module
When you use Jam Studio™, Sony may collect certain information through the third party module below, embedded in Jam Studio™.
- Facebook SDK
- Module provider: Facebook Inc.
- Information collected through this module:
- User information on Facebook such as age, gender, language setting and country
- How you have installed and how you use the Jam Studio™ application (e.g., whether you have installed the application through Facebook ads, whether you have opened the application thereafter, whether you purchased service via the application)
- Purpose of the collection:
To gather statistics in order for Facebook Inc. to deliver appropriate ads to Facebook users
2.How does Sony use your information?
Sony may retain, use and disclose the information described above in Section 1, subject to applicable laws, for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the features and functions of Jam Studio™ that you request;
- to help Jam Studio™ application and service run better, to provide you with software updates, and to develop and introduce new features and functions for Jam Studio™;
- to deliver customer support, to respond to your inquiry;
- to assist Sony and Sony Corporation's group companies (Sony Corporation and the companies of which Sony Corporation directly or indirectly owns the majority of the outstanding voting shares or equity, hereinafter the same) with the development of entirely new products and services;
- to identify potential security threats and to protect Sony, Sony Corporation's group companies and their users/customers.
3.Who else has access to your information?
Your information that is communicated to and stored by Sony may be made available to other Sony Corporation's group companies and to third parties, as follows:
Sony Corporation's group companies
Your information may be shared with other Sony Corporation's group companies for the purposes of pursuing the activities outlined in Sections 2.
Third party contractors
In the event that we sell or transfer a portion or all of our business, your information may be transferred by us to the purchasing or acquiring entity as part of the transaction.
Compliance and enforcement
We may retain, use and/or disclose to a third party any of your information as required or permitted by law, regulation or order issued by the police or other appropriate authorities, to investigate complaints made by or against you, or to protect or defend ourselves, or others, against illegal, criminal or harmful activities.
4.Data Retention, Managing Your Information
5.Transfer of your information internationally
Your information will be processed, stored and transferred for the purposes outlined in Sections 2 to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and/or your country of residence. Your information will be processed by staff operating outside the EEA and/or your country of residence who work for us, Sony Corporation's group companies or for one of our service providers and may be seen by such staff in those countries. Data protection and privacy laws in these countries may not offer the same level of protection as in the EEA and/or your country of residence and you may have fewer legal rights in relation to your information.
Sony undertakes reasonable security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your information. Although we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us through Jam Studio™ or that we store on our systems or that is stored on our third party contractors' systems.
7.Our Policy Regarding Children
Sony is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the collection, storage and use of personal information concerning children. If you discover that a child has provided personal information without the consent of his or her parent or guardian, please contact Sony using the method listed in "Contact Information", as defined in Section 9 below.
Last Update: Oct. 28, 2017